HI Everyone! I am back today with something a bit different. Eilidh over at Turning the Faucet On (go check her out – she’s awesome!) recently did a post about her bucket list which you can read by clicking here. I really enjoyed reading it and she happened to mention to me that she’d like to know what’s on my bucket list. So I thought that I’d do a similar post to hers and share with you all some of the things that are on my ‘to do list’!
- Release An Album
- For those of you who may not know, I have three passions in life; Music, Books and cake. I think I have briefly mentioned before that I am a singer-songwriter (I have a Youtube that you can check out if you want) and so naturally, one of my biggest dreams is to one day release my own album of my own music. For me, music is one of the most important and most powerful things in the world and I would love to someday be able to help someone or make someone feel happy with my music.
- Live in New York/Edinburgh
- When I was younger I was absolutely terrified of every city except Edinburgh, probably because my uncle lived there but also because I just loved it. Sometimes you just connect with a city and I definitely connect with Edinburgh so I’ve always hoped to live there someday. This will actually become a reality in a couple of weeks when I move there for University so I am very excited (but also VERY scared). As for New York, I just have this fascination with it which I will admit started when I began watching Gossip Girl and was intensified when I received the book Humans Of New York which you should definitely check out if you haven’t already! I just love the massive mix of cultures and styles and I’d love to try and live there maybe just for a month so that I could experience it properly.
- Have a Library In My House
- I think this one is pretty self-explanatory given that you’re reading this on my book blog but I would just love to have a whole room with floor to ceiling bookshelves and a cost reading nook – you would never get me out!
- Meet My Friend Kim
- I have a friend called Kim, she is an amazing artist (check out her Youtube – Here) and an even better friend! However, she lives in the Netherlands and I live in the UK so as of yet we have never met! This makes us both a little sad, especially as we’d love to make music together so one of my biggest dreams is to meet Kim in real life!
- Have A Sold Out Tour
- This probably makes sense seeing as you’ve already read about my desire to record and release my own album! I just can’t think of anything that I would love more than to travel all over the world while performing music every night – what a dream!
- Learn To Surf
- For some reason I’ve just always thought that surfing looked really fun. One of my best friends knows how to surf and is going to teach me so maybe one day I really will be able to catch some waves!
- Visit Italy
- Italian food has got to be my favourite, I mean you have past, pizza and ice-cream – what more could you want?! So that is the main reason why I would like to visit Italy in the future – for the food!
- Have Children
- I am one of those people who just can’t imagine not having children at some point in the future. It has always been something that I’ve wanted, so hopefully when I’m older my wish will come true and I’ll have three or four little people running around!
- Learn to play the Piano
- I did actually learn to play the piano when I was around the age of 7 and I remember really loving it, unfortunately I did not like my teacher and we never got round to finding another one. I’m pretty sure everything that I knew has now gone so I’d probably need to start from the beginning but that’s alright. I have such a great appreciation for piano music, I’d love to be able to play it, particularly the piece named River Flows in You by Yiruma.
- Help as many people as possible
- I think that it is important as human beings that we help each other in any way that we can, whether it be a smile or something much bigger like lending someone money to start their own business or even just saying kind words to someone who is going through a tough time. I have a very deep desire to help as many people as I can as I wander through life.
So that was a little peek at some things that are on my bucket list, I would love if you would share some of your bucket list with me in the comments! Or even write your own bucket list post, I’d love to read them!
Have a great day!